Exceptional Nail Liability Insurance

> Liability Insurance for Practicing Nail Professionals

> Liability Insurance for Nail Students

> Liability Insurance for Nail Schools and Training Programs


Download our free ebook, The 411 on Insurance for Nail Professionals, for an easy-to-read guide!

Join Now!

Liability Insurance For Nail Professionals

Smart practitioners realize that, while being named in a lawsuit is unlikely, it's not worth risking your career. In this sue-happy age, even when you've done nothing wrong, it's expensive to defend yourself. Why chance it when excellent protection is so affordable?

Associated Nail Professionals (ANP) offers liability coverage with the profession's highest aggregate coverages available—$2 million per incident, $6 million total per policy year. And these coverages protect you no matter where—or how many places—you work. These totals are per member, per year, and are not a shared member aggregate like other associations offer. You never have to fear if the insurance coverage will be there for you.

Also included are legal defense coverage (for covered losses) and no charge for adding an additional insured endorsement (AIE) if requested by your employer or landlord. All this is covered by your membership fee.

Unlike the claims-made coverage offered by some other providers, the insurance included with your ANP membership is occurrence form coverage, which protects you from late-filed claims. This added feature helps safeguard your business—and your peace of mind.

Bottom line: ANP's liability insurance package is a comprehensive program specifically tailored for nail professionals.

Sure, you can find bare-bones insurance coverage elsewhere. But are you sure you're protected? Not all insurance policies are the same. And consider ANP's greatest strength: helping our members. If you do experience a claim, you can expect knowledgeable, empathetic assistance to help expedite rapid resolution of your claim. Knowing your ANP team is ready and able to support you lets you focus on what's most important—building a successful career.

Frequently Asked Questions for Nail Professionals

How quickly can I join ANP and receive proof of insurance?
There are several options available to speed up processing. You can apply over the phone or on our website, or you can fax a completed application to us at 800-875-4619. We must also be able to verify training/licensing if no documents are supplied. If everything is in order, the insurance is effective the following day and your proof of insurance will be available by logging in to www.nailprofessional.com/members/. Three-Day Priority Mail Service ($15) ensures that the application will be processed and mailed within three business days.

When will my insurance go into effect?
Assuming all the required information is in order, your membership and insurance go into effect the day after receipt of your application, whether it is received by mail, fax, online or over the phone, and it will be in effect for one full year from that date.

What exactly does my liability insurance cover?
The occurrence form liability policy that ANP provides to qualified members covers the member's nail operations for professional liability (client alleges malpractice), general liability (client alleges injury (accident) due to member's negligence), and product liability (client alleges reaction to product). The insurer will also defend you if someone sues you alleging your wrongdoing in covered losses; those legal expenses are covered in addition to the policy limits, at no additional cost.

Start enjoying the benefits of ANP Membership, and join today!

> back to top

Join Now!

Liability Insurance For Nail Students

Student membership combines the protection of liability insurance and the many benefits of belonging to a professional organization, all for the low membership fee of $45.

Frequently Asked Questions for Nail Students

Why do I need insurance? Is it really necessary as a student?
Liability insurance protects you from any incidents or claims that may occur as a result of your instruction/program.

My school says I am already insured. Why should I join?
Be sure to check with your school that YOU are protected. Many times schools believe their students are covered by their school insurance policy, when in fact they are not. For example, ANP School membership insurance does not cover students—only the school itself. So be sure you're protected. In addition, ANP Student membership offers numerous resources for school and business success.

How long does my Student membership last?
Student membership is valid for 12 months or until completion of training, whichever comes first. There is no coverage after training has been completed (unless it is a school sanctioned/approved activity).

What happens when my Student membership expires?
If you are still in school, you can renew your ANP Student membership. If you have finished school and are ready to practice, you are ready to upgrade to our regular level of membership for practicing professionals.

In my state, I need to provide proof of insurance in order to get my license. Can I upgrade my membership?
Yes. You can upgrade your membership when you finish school in order to receive your license to practice.

In my state, I am allowed to practice as long as it is not for compensation. Can I upgrade my membership?
If your state allows nail professionals to practice without a license if performing services for no compensation, then you can upgrade your membership. Your insurance will not be in effect if you are found to be practicing for compensation.

Start enjoying the benefits of ANP Membership, and join today!

> back to top

Join Now!

Liability Insurance for Nail Schools

ANP School members can procure two types of insurance for their training programs—school liability and business personal property policies. The following are commonly asked questions about ANP's School insurance program. For additional information about School membership or insurance coverage, please contact us at 888-716-2727; membership@nailprofessional.com.

Frequently Asked Questions for Nail Schools

How can I provide the most complete insurance protection to my school?
Insurance is confusing to many people, and it is important to know what you are receiving for your money. This is a basic overview of some of the things you should know and consider when purchasing insurance.

Liability Insurance
ANP's School insurance program includes both general liability and professional liability for your school. First, since your school's focus is on providing nail training, you need liability insurance for nail school-related activities. You need general liability insurance (premises/operations and products liability) as well as professional liability insurance to protect the owner's personal and/or corporate assets. Anytime an alleged injury takes place in relation to school activities and is claimed to be the fault of an owner, student, or instructor, the school may be named in a lawsuit. Without general and professional liability insurance protection, a claim filed against the school could result in thousands of dollars in legal fees just to defend against the charges, whether or not they have merit. To protect yourself and others involved in your school, it is wise to encourage students to become ANP Student members and faculty members to become individual ANP members.

Business Personal Property
ANP's Business Personal Property insurance covers your school's business contents, such as computers, tables, supplies, etc., but not your building/structure.

Other Insurance Coverage
There is no way to itemize every insurance protection that a school might need or everything that a school should look for. It depends on your individual situation. We suggest that you contact a local independent insurance agent and have them review your individual policies and needs to make an educated decision about your exposures.

Property Insurance
If you own the building your school is in, you will want to insure it for the full replacement cost of the building, not the market value or purchase price. If your building was built recently, this coverage will be readily available. If you are in a building more than 20 years old, the insurance company may require that the roof, electrical, and plumbing have been updated. Replacement coverage replaces covered losses with new materials without deducting for depreciation. If you do not qualify for replacement cost, you will have to purchase actual cash value coverage on your building. Actual cash value replaces covered losses based on replacement cost less depreciation.

You will want to ask for the broadest coverage that the insurance company offers. The broadest is usually called "Special Form." If this is not available due to the age of your building, ask for "Broad Form."

Ask your insurance company if it offers any special extensions or stretch forms on their property policy. Many companies will include this at either no cost or a small additional premium.

Business Income
Some policies include loss of business income for the actual loss of income for up to 12 months. Others offer it on a monthly limitation, such as $10,000 per month for four months. If you cannot find actual loss sustained for 12 months’ coverage, you may want your accountant to assist you in determining what coverage you would need in order to pay bills until your school is back up and running. Depending on your location, you may need flood insurance and/or earthquake insurance.

Business Auto
If you own any vehicles in the name of the school, you will want to insure them for liability and physical damage. A minimum liability limit should be $1,000,000. The deductible you carry on the physical damage is a personal choice.

Even if you do not own any vehicles, you will still want to purchase "hired and non-owned" coverage. This will protect the business should there be a claim while someone is driving his/her own vehicle on school business or if you rent or hire a car.

Workers Compensation
In most states, if you have employees, it is mandatory that you carry Workers Compensation coverage, which is subject to state-level regulation. This protects your school should an employee be injured on the job, covering his/her lost wages and medical expenses as a result of that injury.

Umbrella Coverage
You may want to consider purchasing an Umbrella policy that will provide you additional coverage over and beyond what you have purchased with your primary general liability policy, business auto and Workers Compensation policies.

Employment Practices Liability protects you from claims arising from violations of state and federal employment laws.

Money & Securities protects your school from loss of money or securities caused by theft or burglary.

Employee Dishonesty protects you from theft of money by an employee.

When will my coverage take effect?
If you purchase the optional School Liability Insurance and/or Business Personal Property Insurance, coverage will run concurrently with the term of your ANP School membership. Should you purchase coverage after the date you join ANP as a member, you will be required to pay the full year's premium for a partial year's coverage.

Will I receive proof of coverage?
Yes. A copy of the liability insurance policy and a Certificate of Insurance are provided when insurance is purchased with School membership.

What type of liability coverage is provided by the insurance policy for School members?
ANP provides occurrence form liability insurance with the highest aggregate coverages available—$2 million per incident and $6 million total per policy year. As an ANP member, these are YOUR limits—not shared with other practitioners, unlike policies from some other associations. Legal defense costs for covered losses are provided in addition to the policy limits, at no additional cost.

Is there a deductible on this liability insurance policy?

Does ANP's school liability insurance cover anything other nail services and instruction related to these?
No. The professional liability coverage provided is for only those techniques recognized and defined by ANP. You can join our sister association to get coverage for other professions. (Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals, Associated Skin Care Professionals, and Associated Hair Professionals)

Each ANP member must read the policy in its entirety to know all the terms, conditions, and exclusions. If instruction or application of unrecognized techniques is available at the school, separate insurance coverage must be acquired for those techniques.

Is the school protected against liability claims alleged to be caused by instructors, other employees, and/or students?
Yes. The policy provides coverage for the school itself as an entity for school nail program related activities. That includes liability arising out of activities of registered members of the faculty or other employees when they are instructing or supervising registered students. The school (only) is also provided liability coverage for incidents caused by registered students while performing required hands-on practicum on school premises. Note: Students do not have individual liability insurance coverage under a school's insurance policy.

The insurance covers those nail-service related clinics, internships, volunteer events, or other off-site practice skill development activities that are approved by the school and are permitted under applicable state and local government regulations. As to these covered activities, the school and its agents are protected against lawsuits by an injured student or a third party.

Coverage is also provided to directors, officers, and employees of the school in connection with their school nail program related duties and activities if such activities result in bodily injury, personal injury, or property damage, which is covered as defined in the policy. If an owner or instructor of a school has a private practice (even if they provide service in the school facility), they need to obtain an ANP individual membership to provide coverage for those activities.

There is no coverage provided for non-school-related activities or for school educational activities unrelated to nail services.

Are students covered against claims that name them as responsible parties?
No. Students do not have individual liability protection coverage under the school program. The solution for students is to enroll as ANP Student members.

Is there a fee to name my landlord as an additional insured endorsement (AIE) on my liability policy?
No. If your lease requires that your landlord be named as an additional insured on the school's policy, simply provide the appropriate information on the AIE section of the application. Coverage for entities listed as additional insureds applies only to those incidents directly related to the named ANP member certificate holder (the school).

What is Business Personal Property (BPP) insurance?
BPP insurance is an optional addition to your policy that covers all equipment, supplies, and contents used in your business. It covers your property both on and off premises.

Do I need to give you a list itemizing equipment values?
No. Both your current property and newly acquired property are automatically covered up to the limit you select—either $10,000 or $25,000.

What type of coverage am I buying?
Your property is insured for replacement cost; your claim will be paid based on the cost of new equipment, with no deduction for depreciation.

Is there a deductible?
All losses are subject to a deductible; $500 for theft-related claims; $250 for all other related claims.

What is not covered by this plan?
Coverage is written on a broad basis with few exclusions. Some of the exclusions include governmental action, nuclear hazard, war and military action, unexplained disappearance or shortage found during inventory, unsecured office, currency or checks, dishonest acts, short circuit or other electrical disturbance, theft from an unlocked auto, wear and tear, gradual deterioration, mechanical breakdown, insects, vermin, rodents, corrosion, rust, dampness, cold, or heat. This is a summary of exclusions; read the entire policy for complete details of all coverage and exclusions.

What is a loss payee?
If you are leasing business equipment, the leasing company may require that you name them as a loss payee so that they are guaranteed payment in the event of a covered loss. If you have financed the purchase of your business equipment, the financial institution may also require that you name them as a loss payee.

Start enjoying the benefits of ANP School membership, and call 888-716-2727 today to join!

Note: The insurance coverage descriptions above are illustrative only. Refer to a copy of the policy for specific coverages, limitations, exclusions, terms, and conditions. This insurance information is provided by our insurance agent and the insurance company underwriting our program and is not a contract; it is a partial illustration of benefits, conditions, limitations, and exclusions. In the event that there is confusion or conflict between the policy language and any information provided, the policy language shall control.

> back to top

Please note: We have recently updated our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. Learn more...